Monday, July 28, 2008

Macey the Model!


So, a while back I heard something on the radio about "Do you have a cute kid"... Blah, Blah, Blah! After hearing it everday on the way home, I thought to myself, "I think she is pretty stinkin' cute"! So, I called and it was for an audition for the "2009 Arizona Cutest Kids Calendar". So, a few weeks later, there we were at the audition. Man, that sent me back to the good ol' days of me auditioning for stuff! Macey had no idea what to think, but I did keep reminding her that if she did really good, she could earn money and buy that Jeep she keeps asking for!!! (And she better start earning some college money)


So, they called her back and video taped her while interviewing her - She did so good! I waited and waited and finally I got the call... "Out of 219 kids auditioned, your daughter was one of 9 to be chosen"! HOW FUN!!! Not only did she get chosen to be in the calendar, they signed her with a 2 year contract. So, she had her first photo shoot and we just got her head shots back (I need to scan one and post it on here, just have not had time) - They are amazing, she looks adorable, but she looks so grown up :-(


Steve and I talked about this for a long time, whether we should sign her up for this or not. We figured, why not? Worst that can happen is she hates it, so we stop. Otherwise, she could make some money that we can put in an account for her for college... So, we will see how it goes...

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Yea Kendy- I am so glad that you joined the blogging world!!! It's such a great way to keep in touch! BTW- you look AMAZING!! Your hair is so cute and you are SOOOOO skinny! Nice work-can't wait to see you. And how fun for Macey. Your mom showed us her head shot and you're right she does look all grown up. We miss you guys and my girls talk about Macey ALL THE TIME! Hope to see you guys soon- love ya!

Andreas V said...

Wow! That's pretty cool. And you don't have to make a decision for the rest of her life. Just take one thing at a time. You're right, she is pretty dang cute!